It's been a while, hasn't it? BUT, in the meantime, I've developed the most wonderful manner of preparing popcorn.
We have all tried air-popped popcorn, and let's face it, most of us use popcorn as a vehicle for salt, which does NOT stick to air-popped popcorn!! Hence, we add butter, or oil spray, or.... well, I thought, why not water??
Using a "Misto" brand mister for olive oil (well cleaned out from my oil-using days), this creates such a fine mist that you can spray it on the popcorn, salt as you wish, and the salt sticks without getting really soggy popcorn!! I add another step by toasting it under the broiler for just a wee bit to re-crisp and heat the popcorn. Works like a CHARM!!
A word of caution, though, if you've ever used those spray-on butter products, you've seen the pockmarks created on popcorn...the water does that too...but not bad, and, well, who cares? I have finally found that it works best to spread the popcorn out on the cookie sheet and spray/salt then, rather than try it in the bowl.
Yes, it's an extra step and a little effort (and don't turn your back on the broiler!), but really, total time is so short to make the popcorn, and it's SO yummy!!
A final note, buy organic corn when you can.... read about Monsanto's corn if you don't know the issues. Trader Joe's has it, as does Orchard Nutrition.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message or question!